Michael Douglas Auto Salvage Ltd
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION: PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice provides information about the personal information we process, in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
1. Michael Douglas Auto Salvage Ltd is a vehicle dismantlers and metal recycling business at the following address:
The Fields, Etterby, Carlisle. CA3 9QU
2. Our ICO registration number is: ZA414124
3. Please contact our Data Protection Officer using the email address: email@example.com with any questions or requests about your personal information.
4. Your rights: We are committed to protecting your rights to privacy. They include the right to:
• Be informed about what we do with your personal data.
• Have a copy of all the personal information we process about you.
• Rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete data.
• Be forgotten and your personal data destroyed.
• Restrict the processing of your personal data.
• Object to the processing we carry out based on our legitimate interest.
5. The personal data we process, why we process it and how long we keep it for: As a Scrap Metal Dealer we are required by legislation to keep certain records for three years, these records may contain personal data and include:
• Names and addresses of suppliers of scrap metals and others we transfer metal on to.
• Verification of names and addresses such as copy driving licences, passports, utility bills.
• Vehicle registration numbers, Vehicle Registration documents.
• Cheques and receipts confirming electronic transfers.
• Names, addresses and contact details. This may include next of kin details.
Michael Douglas Auto Salvage Ltd
6. Legitimate Interests: We also process the following information because it is in our legitimate interests as a business buying and selling scrap metal to do so:
• CCTV footage (retained for one month unless it is needed for investigation of a crime).
• Scrap Metal Dealer licence numbers, including documents related to our own licence (retained for 3 years).
• Waste carrier registration numbers and any documentation related to our own licence (retained for 3 years).
• Environmental permitting and waste shipment information (retained for 3 years).
• Invoices, receipts and accounts (retained for 7 years).
• VAT and tax returns (retained for 7 years).
Employee data: As an employer, we process personal data to contracts of employment with our employees (retained for 6 years). The information includes:
• Names, addresses and contact details, this includes next of kin details.
• Pay and wages details.
• Contracts of employment.
• Training records.
• Health information.
• Driving licences.
7. Sharing personal data: We share personal data internally strictly on a need to know basis. Access to identity records and personnel files is limited to designated individuals. Hard copy documents are stored securely. Where these documents are stored electronically, they are protected and / or encrypted. We do not share personal data with anyone external to the organisation, other than:
• Our professional advisers.
• Local authorities, Environment Agency, HMRC or VAT Commissioner (where required by law).
• Pursuant to a court order.
8. Information Commissioner’s Office. If you have any concerns about the way your personal information has been processed, you may contact the information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113.