Due to Government Laws enforced on 1st October 2013 we can only pay for your vehicle or scrap metal by bank transfer, which will be in your account the same day, or we can issue you a cheque.
Identification is required by law for all vehicles disposed of and scrap metals.
(the ID accepted is a UK photocard driving licence or a UK original passport plus a recent utility bill (within the last 3 months) showing your current address.)
We have two collection wagons on site which can transport two vehicles at one time. Your vehicle will be disposed of using environment and government approved methods.
You can contact us on (01228) 520109 to organise a collection.
It’s important to report abandoned vehicles as they can be dangerous and may have been used in a crime. It’s not always easy to tell if a vehicle has been abandoned. Make sure that you don’t enter or touch the vehicle. If it has been involved in a crime, the vehicle will need to be investigated by the police. It may also contain hazardous waste and could be a fire risk.
There are a number of things that you can check to find out if the vehicle may have been abandoned before reporting a suspected abandoned vehicle:
- are any of the tyres flat or have any of the wheels been removed
- is there litter or a lot of leaves under the vehicle – this may mean that it hasn’t moved for some time
- is the windscreen or any of the windows broken
- does the vehicle have number plates
- does the vehicle contain items of waste, like tyres, old newspapers, or general rubbish
- have any parts, like the bumper, seats or radio, been removed or damaged
We are the preffered EOL collector and dismantler for both Carlisle City Council and Allerdale Borough Council as well as the removal of reported abandoned vehicles.
To report a suspected abandoned vehicle please use the links below to navigate to the respective areas website: